Wednesday, May 2, 2012

2 months old!

 "A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer." – Unknown

Audrey is 2 months old... wow! Tuesday she had her 2 month check-up with Dr. Berry. She weighs 10lbs 15oz and is 22in long. She is measuring in the middle of the growth curve and staying right on track! God is good! This visit she got her first set of shots and did so well (she took it better than me!). Being a nurse, I have given countless shots, but when it is your baby things are totally different! I hated hearing her crying, knowing she was hurting. I would have gladly taken those shots for her if I could! This sweet girl has been working on holding her head up and is getting better everyday.Thankfully, Audrey has started sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night! She has also started to smile and be more interested in what's going on around her. She loves Doc and watches him when he is close to her. I think they are going to be good friends =).

Looking at the pretty baby in the mirror


 Sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night (hallelujah!)


 Smiling


Hanging with friends



Audrey thinks her brother is way more interesting than me... ha!


Practicing head control in the Bumbo... she looks like such a big girl sitting up like this!

I also survived my first shift back at work! This was the longest I have been away from Audrey since she was born so I was worried I would be sad thinking about not being with her BUT we were SO BUSY I didn't have time to be sad. I am thankful for the distraction! It was nice getting back into the swing of things and doing something familiar and challenging (other than being a mom). I think being at work several days (or nights) a week will help me be a better mom when I am at home.

0 comments: