Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sleepless in Virginia

It seems we have our days and nights mixed up in the Crisp house! I am desperately trying to find joy in the nighttime feedings but it is so hard! My little sweet pea is a sleepy cuddle bug during the day and then ready to party at night.... uggh! Could it be because I worked night shift while I was pregnant? Or, could it be because she was born at 10 pm? Who knows =)  Several of my friends have babies around her age that are already sleeping a longer stretch at night.... I'm so ready for her to join the crowd =)

2 comments:

Nate and Molly said...

I feel your pain! My boys have not slept through the night but a few times since Dec. 8 (yes, i remember the date because they had slept through the night so well from the end of Sept. until then!). Lately I have had to get up and nurse them at 10ish, 1ish, and 4ish. About every 3 hours. They're not always hungry, of course--I think its teething-- but it's the fastest way to get them back to sleep. I just keep telling myself that one day I won't be able to meet their needs like i can now and that these 1st 2 years of their life are short in the big picture. Sometimes that helps, and sometimes, well, I'm still just as grouchy!

Ashley said...

Ha! I am one of those people who cant fuction without sleep so this is killing me! The other bad part is I am going back to work on Sunday for a few weeks before we move and then I will be starting work again after we move to KY in June. Hopefully she will get with the program soon!