Friday, February 10, 2012

Good News!

Since I can no longer sleep well at night (*GASP*... I didn't think this late pregnancy symptom would REALLY happen to me...the "good sleeper") I thought I would update about my appointment this week at Duke. On Tuesday, Tyler and I made the 3 hour drive back down to North Carolina. I couldn't help but think how much better the ride was this time because I was not in a panic! Anyway, we left promptly at 0600 (yuck) to make it for my echo at 0930. According to the cardiologist, everything still looked the same and that was what we were wanting to hear! After lunch we had an appointment at the MFM clinic. We met with one of the attendings and she said everything was looking good from her prospective and thought it would be fine to let me go an additional week to term (Praise the Lord!). She spoke with the resident who took care of us during my hospital stay and final plans were made. Lord willing we will be going back down to Duke on February 27th and I will be admitted around noon. After admission, I will have one last echo just to make sure everything is still going well with my heart. I will be induced the next day on the 28th and should have the baby that day (hopefully, because I really really REALLY don't want a leap year baby). I am still working and feeling good (to be this pregnant). Tyler and I are so thankful that everything has turned out to be ok after such a scare a few weeks ago! God is good!

On another note, here is our 4-legged child enjoying some snow on Wednesday. We have had a very mild winter (for which I am also thankful) and this sweet boy is desperate for any snow he can get! The snowflakes were big and beautiful but didn't stick...Doc didn't care...

2 comments:

Nate and Molly said...

See, and I kinda think it would be really cool to have a leap year baby. . .she would be so unique! Either way, so glad it looks like you will be able to carry her to term! As I know you know with your NICU experience, an additional week makes a big difference!

Ashley said...

Yes! I am SO glad! Praying for no NICU stay for us!