Monday, February 6, 2012

Another week...

As always, this week has been another eventful one in the Crisp house. We put our house on the market... and I returned to work. We love our town and are going to be so sad to move but are looking forward to what the next 4 years will bring! We will find out officially where Tyler will be doing residency on March 16th! What a relief it will be to FINALLY know... it will be such a huge weight off of his shoulders! I am thankful this week to be back in the hospital as a NURSE and not a patient! I have always prided myself in having compassion for my patients, but now I have an even better prospective. I am thankful for my (and Audrey's) health!

Tomorrow we return to Duke for another echo and an appointment with the MFM doctors. The echo will let them check the pressures in my heart again and make sure things are still going ok (I am still feeling good!). Then, we meet with the MFM docs and will have a FINAL plan about delivery! I can not really describe my emotions. I am excited and nervous! Delivery is so unpredictable, even in very controlled situations, so I am just praying things go (as close as possible) as planned. I know I am not in control and have had to accept that fact a long time ago. I think that is the most valuable (and painful) thing this medical school journey has taught me... flexibility, patience, and letting go of what I can not control. These are are such hard lessons to learn (especially for me!) but I am glad I have (and continue) to learn. I am also thankful to know WHO is in charge and that I am his child and he loves me and wants the best for me.

I will update about my appointment as soon as I can. Today I am taking maternity pictures! I am excited! I wasn't going to do this at first, but with all of the "excitement" Tyler and I are not sure if Audrey will be an only child or not... we will just have to see how it all goes! Anywho, knowing that this might be my only pregnancy, I know I would like it documented with some cool pics! One of the sweet nurses that works at the hospital with me has a photography business on the side and is going to do them for me... Yay!

0 comments: