Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas in Dixie

Tyler and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend about 2 weeks in Mississippi with our families around the holidays. I'm glad we were able to work this out since Tyler will be starting residency this summer (hooray!) and he will probably not have much time (if any) off during the holidays for the next few years.

We decided to drive from Virginia to Mississippi during the night to avoid traffic and made it to my grandmother's house at about 10 am Christmas Eve morning. After a quick nap and light lunch we were ready for the festivities to begin. My family has dinner and opens presents on Christmas Eve and Tyler's family has lunch and opens gifts on Christmas day so thankfully, the Christmas holidays are not too crazy trying to get from one place to another on the same day.

My cousins and I- Christmas Eve
Tyler and I Christmas Eve
Caroline and I- Christmas Eve
My family- Christmas Eve
All the grandgirls and Austin with our grandparents- Christmas Eve

Tyler and I- Christmas Eve at the Whittington's lake house
Merry Christmas... 27 Weeks Pregnant
While I was home I celebrated my 27th birthday on New Years Day. I love DQ ice cream cake...and it covered my pregnant belly in the picture =)

While I was home I found out that I had failed my 1hr glucose tolerance test and had to have a 3 hr one done (no fun!). Thankfully, I passed my 3 hr test and don't have gestational diabetes. That would have created a whole new set of issues... and I wouldn't be able to satisfy my sweet tooth for the next 10 weeks.

We are excited for all of the new changes to come in 2012! Tyler will start residency, we will be moving to a new town/state, starting a new job, and most importantly becoming parents!

0 comments: